I recently met with the daughter of an 80-year-old woman who was left alone in blistering heat without water and wearing a fleece coat. It is uncertain how long the woman had been left unattended but it was long enough to make her pass out and suffer from severe dehydration. The facility at which this took place is a well regarded, pleasant looking facility. It charges residents $6,000 a month. The daughter, who visited her mother regularly, was shocked. She thought that type of thing only happened at the less well-to-do facilities. Sadly, she was wrong.