The NJ Department of Health and Senior Services offers a great deal of information about NJ nursing homes. You can log onto their website for more information.
The mission of the Division is to ensure that New Jersey citizens receive quality health care at appropriate levels of care in regulated facilities. To accomplish this, the division:
- Regulates a wide range of health care settings for quality of care, such as hospitals, nursing homes, assisted living residences, ambulatory care centers, home health care, medical day care and others (complete list).
- Investigates complaints received from consumers and other state and federal agencies.
- Licenses Nursing Home and certifies Assisted Living Administrators.
- Certifies Nurse Aides, including performing background checks.
- Provides consumer information in the form of report cards and other performance information